It’s officially Virgo season—whatever that means to you.
In my mind, Virgo season starts on the first day of September, my birth month, even though I know that’s technically inaccurate. I think my brother’s birthday, August 27th, is the actual start date of Virgo season. I could be wrong. Either way, it’s the only time of the year that I feel somewhat comfortable saying, “Well, I’m a Virgo, so..” and pretending that’s a valid excuse for my nitpicky behavior and relentlessly self-deprecating humor.
Though I’ve never personally believed in astrology, I’ve always found the study of it interesting. It’s fascinating how one can look to their horoscope for advice on how to navigate their lives, interactions, and relationships. And though I believe most things in life to be coincidence, I don’t ignore the fact that the love of my life and one of my very best friends both happen to be Tauruses. My beautiful late brother was a Taurus, too.
One’s sign can act as their guiding light, much like one’s religion. I’ve always been a huge proponent of the “whatever helps you sleep at night” philosophy, so long as your beliefs aren’t hurting anyone. If you believe everything happens for a reason, then it is so. So, with that, I am compelled to share what I hope is in store for Virgo parents and all parents this month:
- A seamless transition back to school for you and your children.
- Homework you’re capable of easily helping them with (or, better yet, teachers that don’t believe in homework).
- At least a day each week of rest, relaxation, and recovery.
- A steady support system for when you never seem to have enough hands.
- Cooler weather if you need it.
- A chance to savor the simple joys of fall such as a pumpkin spice latte with no judgment.
- Time to read, write, draw, sing, dance, or anything else that moves you.
- A romantic date night with yourself, your partner, or an old friend.
- An incredible birthday if yours is this month, and if not, whatever celebration-worthy event you desire.
- Boundless appreciation for all that you do.
If you believe in the power of Virgo season, go forth and manifest this and all else you desire. If not, enjoy a nice pumpkin spice latte anyway. You deserve it.
Signed, your resident critical Virgo.